Recently updated on January 12th, 2023
There are several reasons why you would be searching for the best bathroom suction grab bars. One could be that you don’t want to drill into the wall. Two could be you live in a rental apartment and want temporary grab bars that you can remove when moving into another house.
Whatever the reason, suction grab bars will provide you and your family the much-needed support and safety in the shower just like the permanent ones.
In this article, we shall review several suction grab bars that are highly rated. We shall also talk about the factors that you should consider when choosing a suitable grab bar for your bathroom.
At A Glance – Best Bathroom Suction Grab Bars
- Best Bathroom Suction Grab Bar: AmeriLuck suction bath grab bar with indicators
- Best for Comfort: OXO Good Grips StrongHold Suction Grip bar
- Best on Budget: Moen Home Care Suction Balance Assist Bar
- Best Price: CAMTOA Suction Grab Bars
Top 5 Best Bathroom Suction Grab Bars – Comparison Table
|AmeriLuck suction bath grab bar with indicators||Check Price at Amazon|
|OXO Good Grips StrongHold Suction Grip bar||Check Price at Amazon|
|Moen Home Care Suction Balance Assist Bar||Check Price at Amazon|
|CAMTOA Suction Grab Bars||Check Price at Amazon|
Top 5 Best Bathroom Suction Grab Bars
1. AmeriLuck suction bath grab bar with indicators
AmeriLuck suction grab bars are a valuable safety addition to your bathroom.
They provide the support you need to prevent falls that can cause serious injuries.
One thing that puts people off from using suction grab bars is, not knowing whether or not they have been installed securely on the wall.
That is why AmeriLuck bars have indicator lights on each end that change from red to green when installed.
Green indicates that the suction bar is secure to hold while red shows that the bar is not fixed securely. When the indicators on both sides are red, release the suction and reattach the bar again.
So you can firmly use these grab bars without any fear that they will come off the wall.
Most importantly, any you notice any manufacturing defects; you can return them since they come with a year warranty.
Fixing the AmeriLuck suction bars is pretty easy and you do not need any installation tools.
Simply, clean the bathroom wall where you want to fix the bars and also the rubber discs. Wait for it to dry then press the suction bars strongly on the wall until the indicators turn green. Then press down on the flip-up easy release tabs. The more the pressure, the better the suction.
- Very easy to install
- Has indicators that show when the installation is secure
- Appropriate for all ages
- Can be fixed on a fiberglass shower wall
- Three colors to choose from
- Very safe to use
- Can only be used on tiles that are larger than 4×6 inches
- You cannot mount the suction discs on grout seams
- Not appropriate for textured shower walls
2. OXO Good Grips StrongHold Suction Grip bar
As the name suggests, this grab bar has a very powerful suction that ensures it holds securely on the wall.
It can be installed on different sizes of tiles thanks to the wide distance between the suction cups.
In addition, it attaches securely on a variety of smooth and non-porous surfaces such as tile, glass, and mirrors.
Its suction cups have two clips that activate the suction enabling the bar to hold firmly on the wall.
For maximum security, the underside of this grab bar has a soft gripping surface, which makes it secure even when wet.
- It has large contoured installation levels so no tools are required to install
- Very powerful suction
- Provides a comfortable non-slip grip
- They can be installed on a variety of tile patterns and grout lines
- Works perfectly on smooth surfaces including glass
- Should not be used on porous and textured surfaces like acrylic, stone, or metal
- Do not have indicator lights for secure installation
See also: Which finish is best for bathroom faucets
3. Moen Home Care Suction Balance Assist Bar
Moen is a company that is well known for high-end bathroom supplies such as shower rods, sinks, and faucets.
Just like its other high-end products, these suction grab bar is of high quality and combine both safety and style.
This bar is made from durable plastic that is corrosion resistant and is designed to easily attach on flat and smooth surfaces.
It is 12 inches long, which is a compact size to fit in a travel bag or suitcase.
You do not need to drill the wall to mount it; hence, no installation tools required. All you have to do is lift the tabs on the bar, position it firmly on the wall, and close the tabs to secure it in place.
It is very easy to detach in case you want to unmount it from the wall.
For a secure grip, this bar is contoured to help with a firm grip.
- Made of corrosion-resistant plastic
- It is contoured for a firm grip
- Very easy to install
- Attaches to most surfaces including fiberglass shower
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Looks stylish
- It is meant for assisting with balance only
4. CAMTOA Suction Grab Bars
These suction grab bars come in a pack of 2.
Their cups are designed to strongly suction on any flat surface and non-porous material such as glass, fiberglass, and acrylic.
Just like other suction grab bars, you do not need any installation tools or drilling for this. Simply release the buckle, place the bar on the wall and press it and then close the buckle.
It is ideal for not only the elderly but also children, pregnant women, and people with mobility issues.
- Made of high-quality plastic
- Very easy to install
- Comes with a free soft shower sponge
- Have a powerful suction ability
- They provide a very strong grip
- Not recommended on textured and porous surfaces or natural stone
- Cannot be installed over grout lines or gaps
FAQ about the best suction grab bars for bathroom
Suction grab bars are safe to use.
However, they should only be used to assist with balance and not as a handrail to support someone’s full body weight.
In addition, since they are temporary, the suction is bound to come loose after some time. Therefore, they should be reattached regularly to ensure they remain secure and safe to use.
Suction grab bars are designed to help people keep balance when showering to prevent falls.
Kindly avoid using suction bars to assist a person to pull up a wheelchair and tub or any other activity where they will exert a lot of weight on them. For this, try the permanent grab bars such as this AmeriLuck Stainless steel grab bars that have a loading capacity of up to 500lbs; hence, stronger.
See also: Where to install grab bars on bathtub wall
The best bathroom suction grab bars are meant to provide balance in the shower. They are ideal for people who don’t want to drill on the wall or who want a temporary solution when in a rental apartment.
When installed correctly, suction grab bars can provide balance to people of all ages and weights.
However, they should not be used in place of handrails to provide full-body support. Go for the permanent grab bars that are fixed on the wall using screws as they provide more secure support for any weight.