There’s nothing better than taking a long, hot shower at the end of a demanding workday or before you’ve got a big presentation early in the morning. A shower is a great way to relax and take a few minutes for yourself before you move on to other tasks! However, if you have been wondering about how you can take your showering experience to the next level, we’ve got an answer for you: a shower panel system. A shower panel system combines the lovely ambiance of a spa with the comfortable knowledge that you are using your bathroom at home to relax!
This article will take you through a list of the best shower panel systems. As we go through the items on this list, we’ll walk you through the specifications of each product, along with some pros and cons. We will also walk you through a buying guide for shower panel systems!
Also Read: 10 Best Showerhead for Two People
What is a Shower Panel?
A shower panel is an elevated version of a regular shower. While it is sold as a single unit, it consists of an actual panel installed on your bathroom wall. It has one large showerhead at the top several smaller showerheads built along the length of the panel and a few body sprayers. Showerheads and body sprayers are generally either built into the panel itself or attached to its sides—the controls for each showerhead in the middle of the panel.
It’s important to note that the entire shower panel is attached to your bathroom wall.
When you think of the average shower, you probably picture a showerhead near the ceiling in your bathroom and nothing more. The shower panel takes this image to the next level, elevating the experience of showering and taking a load off.
A common misconception is that a shower panel uses more water than a standard shower system. Many also believe that it is difficult to install, but these assumptions are inaccurate. One of the best features of a shower panel is that it doesn’t involve any extra effort when being installed. It uses the same plumbing connection as your old shower. Shower panels are easy to install, especially if you already had a regular showerhead that you were planning to upgrade. It might surprise you, but they save and use less water than an ordinary shower system.
While installing a shower panel might cost you a little more money, we would highly recommend investing in one because the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.
6 Best Shower Panel Systems: Reviewed
We’ve concluded that the best shower panel system available is the ELLO and ALLO stainless steel shower panel tower. If you’ve been looking for the perfect shower panel of your dreams, then this is it. It’s sleek, stylish, easy to install, and has an LED light system in the overhead portion. Overall, this product is luxurious and worth buying.
Let’s take a closer look at the specifics.
- This shower panel system comes with six modes of functioning. These include a rainfall showerhead, a handheld shower, water spout, waterfall, and a horizontal massage spray with two settings.
- It has a built-in LED display that tells you the temperature of the water and a timer that tells you how long you’ve been taking a shower.
- The primary rainfall showerhead also has an LED display that lights up when bathing.
- It comes with high-powered jets that massage your body.
- If you have a bathtub and shower combo, this shower panel system will work well for you because it comes with a tub spout.
- It has a few multi-outlet switches that allow you to control the various features and functions of the water.
- This shower panel system comes with four adjustable jets.
- It also comes with three different settings for the handheld shower.
- The shower faucet is copper, and the water pipe is made of PVC.
- This shower panel is aesthetically pleasing, especially if you appreciate well-designed products.
- The power jets make you feel like you are in a spa.
- The stainless steel does not show watermarks after being used, making cleaning this shower panel much more manageable.
- The LED display is battery-operated, which means that once the batteries run out, you will need to take the entire panel down to change them. Therefore, we suggest you refrain from switching on the LED display too often.
- You can only you two of the panel’s features at once. If you had planned on using all of the features in a single shower, you might be disappointed.
Our second pick is the shower panel by PULSE ShowerSpas. If you’ve been looking for a shower panel that oozes luxury and class, then we can guarantee that this is the one you’ve been looking for. It has got a sleek and unique design with bronze and black panels. This two-toned shower panel is made from glass and has a beautiful array of features to choose from when taking a shower. Instead of gushing further, let’s take a closer look at the specifics of this product.
- This shower panel is surface-mounted, which means that it is easy to install and connect to your existing plumbing system.
- The glass panel is made from a sheet of black tempered glass. The rest of the panel’s body is made from bronze stainless steel.
- This shower panel has nickel fixtures.
- It also comes with six body spray jets that you can adjust to deliver a misty spray.
- It has a ten-inch wide showerhead.
- This product has a single-function handheld shower with a steel hose extending four and six feet.
- It also comes with a brass diverter to help you easily switch between the showerhead and tub spout.
- This shower panel system also features a Tru Temp pressure balance valve. The valve makes sure that your water doesn’t change temperature and remains consistent.
- It also comes with an integrated temperature tester.
- Thanks to its rub-clean surface, this shower panel system is straightforward to maintain and clean.
- It also comes pre-plumbed, which means that you can install it in no time at all.
- It has intelligent temperature controls that make you feel like you’re in a sauna or a spa.
- The design is stunning and luxurious and can elevate the overall look of your bathroom.
- It is made from high-quality materials.
- The PULSE ShowerSpas shower panel system is quite expensive. Therefore, this product might be out of your price range if you are on a budget.
Suppose you’re in the market for a product that gives an excellent body massage without you needing to put in any effort. In that case, this is the shower panel for you. Just like the PULSE ShowerSpas shower panel, the Blue Ocean shower panel tower is designed beautifully with a sleek finish that will fit nicely into any bathroom. The panel is made from aluminum, making it easy to clean. One of its most notable features is the LED display in the middle of the panel that shows you the temperature of the water.
Here’s a list of this product’s specifics.
- This shower panel is made from an aluminum alloy.
- It is just over four feet tall and less than a foot wide.
- It comes with eight shower jet sprays, each of which is adjustable.
- The LED display shows you the temperature of your shower in both Fahrenheit and Celcius. It displays the temperature of the bathroom when the shower is not in use.
- It also comes with a tub spout, making life easier if you have a bathtub and shower combination.
- This shower panel system is easy to use.
- It is beautifully designed.
- It is easy to keep clean.
- Unlike some other shower panel systems available, this one is harder to install. Therefore, if you were planning on installing it yourself, we would advise you to hire a plumber instead.
- It is pretty pricey, mainly if you need to stick to a strict budget.
Next up on our list is the Rovate Rainfall Shower Tower Panel System. While the name of this product might sound like a mouthful, we can assure you that this product itself is anything but! Like a few other items on this list, this system combines aesthetic appeal with all the luxurious comfort you could want in a shower panel. It is one of the highest-rated products online, offering users of all ages a spa-like experience at home.
These are the specifics.
- This shower panel system comes with five massage jets for the body.
- It has a two-mode showerhead. These consist of rainfall and waterfall showerheads that allow you to experience the flow of water in two different ways when bathing.
- The shower panel itself is made from high-quality 304 stainless steel. As a result, it is resistant to corrosion.
- It comes with a copper body and a copper shower diverter, designed to be long-lasting and resistant to corrosion.
- It comes with a handheld shower that stretches to four feet.
- This product has five different knobs, each serving various purposes. These include the rainfall switch, waterfall switch, handheld shower switch, massage jets switch, and volume and temperature control.
- You can run the showerhead, handheld shower, and massage jets simultaneously or separately, depending on what you want!
- This shower panel system is affordable.
- It is excellently designed and beautiful to look at.
- The temperature regulator doesn’t control the water’s flow or pressure.
- It is easy to install.
- It is hard to keep clean because the stainless steel it is made from tends to retain watermarks.
The next item on our list is the Rozin Bathroom Rainfall Waterfall Shower Panel Set. This product is a more budget-friendly shower panel system available, so it is perfect if you have a strict spending limit. Thankfully, even though this shower panel system is affordable, it is made of high-quality materials and offers users many features to choose from when showering. Let’s look more closely at the specifics of this product.
- The body of the shower panel is made from stainless steel, while the faucet’s body is made from brass.
- It has a rainfall and waterfall showerhead.
- It also has a handheld shower and two body jet sprays.
- This shower panel also has a tub water spout and two control knobs that divert water and control water temperature.
- The panel is over three and a half feet tall and less than a foot wide.
- This shower panel system is exceptionally affordable for those of you that are on a strict budget.
- It is easy and quick to install.
- It has excellent water pressure.
- The panel is relatively narrow and focuses more on function rather than presentation. Therefore, if you want a shower panel system that is both attractive and functional, you might want to consider a different option.
There’s a reason we’ve saved this item for the end of our list. It is perfect for those who want a product that feels like the pinnacle of luxurious bathroom fixtures. This Golden Vantage shower panel is another of the highest-rated panel systems available online. It offers users the chance to indulge in a shower that is nothing short of relaxing.
Let’s look at the specifics in detail.
- It comes with a rainfall and waterfall shower head.
- It also comes with eight body spray jets and a handheld shower.
- This shower panel comes with a valve that can control thermostatic temperature.
- It is made of stainless steel, sold in the color bronze.
- It is over five feet high and less than a foot wide.
- This panel system is easy to connect, so you can install it yourself if you’re familiar with your home’s plumbing system.
- It has an elegant design that elevates any bathroom’s aesthetic.
- A few users have stated that the handheld shower lacks water pressure, unlike the showerhead and massage jets.
- The bronze color of the panel’s body fades and gets dull over time.
Buying Guide: Things to Look for in Shower Panels
There are some factors to consider when buying a shower panel. From the number of jets to the type of showerhead and height of the panel, it’s important to remember that the features you choose must correspond to your needs.
Process of installation
A shower panel might look beautiful and offer a wide array of features. Still, you must keep the installation process in mind. Suppose the panel system needs you to rework your plumbing system. In that case, you might want to reconsider and purchase a different product that is easy to install.
The size and dimensions
You must keep the size of your bathroom in mind because some shower panels are bigger than others. Measure the height and width of your bathroom wall so that you can buy a panel that is the correct size.
Water pressure and flow rate
While keeping your water bill in mind, you must be sure to assess the water pressure and flow rate when buying a shower panel. If the product has an excellent flow rate and water pressure, then you will enjoy the experience of bathing much more. However, the better the flow rate, the more expensive your water bill is likely to be.
The size of the shower panel you need depends on the size of your bathroom. If your bathroom has a low ceiling, then we’d recommend buying a shower panel that is shorter than four feet. This way, you can bathe comfortably and access the full benefits of the panel system.
You don’t need a pressure pump if you get adequate pressure from your water supply. However, if you do not, and want to use all the features of the shower panel system, then a pressure pump is required.
A shower panel should be anywhere from three to four and a half feet long.
The knobs help you control the type of shower you want to have. For instance, if you want a massage from the jet sprays, you just need to turn those specific knobs, and the water pressure will adjust itself to massage you.
Buying a shower panel system is one of the best ways to treat yourself and indulge in some self-care, right from the comfort of your own home. Every shower panel system is different, so we encourage you to choose wisely before deciding. While some shower panels are more expensive and more complicated to install than others, we can assure you that you won’t regret your choice after buying one of the items on our list!