Imagine this. You’ve had a very long day of sitting in front of your computer at work, and all you want to do is lie down and relax in the bathtub, but regular bath salts aren’t relaxing enough for you. This is where a bath spa mat comes into the picture! A bath spa mat allows you to lay back and relax while the suction cups give you a light massage. This article will go through a list of the top eight best bath spa mats in 2022!
When choosing a bath spa mat, you want to make sure that you pick the best mat to suit your needs. Therefore, we’ve put this guide together to help you make a choice much more quickly.
Also Read: 7 Best Bubble Bath for Jetted Tub
Let’s take a closer look.
6 Best Bath Spa Mats: Reviewed
The SereneLife electric bathtub bubble massage mat is the first item on our list! This bath mat is one of the most popular mats available in the market, and here is why. It has a cushioned surface that supports your entire body while also making your bathing experience more comfortable. It also has an aroma clip for essential oils if you want your bath to smell as good as it feels.
- This bath spa mat has a motorized air pump to produce bubbles. Please note that you must keep the air pump outside the tub.
- It comes with an 8.2-foot long air hose to pump bubbles into the bath.
- It comes with a remote control to adjust the bubbles.
- The mat is nearly four feet or 47 inches long and one foot wide.
- It comes with a suction cup on the bottom to prevent it from moving around in your tub.
- It also comes with an in-built heater; this helps your bath maintain its warm temperature.
- The powerful motor attached to this bath spa mat provides you with thousands of bubbles every second.
- It helps maintain the temperature of your bath, thanks to the attached water heater.
- This mat is soft and comfortable to sit on because of its cushioned surface.
- You can monitor and control the intensity of the bubbles.
- This bath spa mat is very noisy when in use.
The next item on our list is the Conair Thermal bath spa mat. This product is one of the most highly rated spa mats available out there, and here is why. It is compatible with all types of bathtubs, and it is perfect for those of you that want to feel like you’re in a jacuzzi in a bathtub! Let’s take a closer look at the specifics of this bath spa mat.
- This bath mat comes with a comfortable mat that is around three feet long and over one food wide.
- It comes with a lightweight motor and a long hose.
- This bath spa mat is perfect if you have back or muscle pain, injuries, or any tension in your body.
- It will make you feel like you are getting a full body massage when you turn this mat on!
- It mimics the feeling of being in a jacuzzi.
- The mat’s hose is highly flexible, so you won’t feel like you are missing out on getting extreme bubbles in your tub!
- This bath spa mat is on the more expensive side, so you might need to consider another product if you are on a budget.
- The suction cups are loose, which means that this mat does not stick to the bottom of your bathtub very well.
- The bubbles are very intense. Therefore, you must not fill your bathtub up to the top when using this tub mat.
The next item on our list is the Waterproof Tub Massaging Spa. This bath spa mat provides you with a wonderful opportunity to lie down in the tub at the end of a long day and relax as this mat massages your body! It comes with a cushioned surface and a non-slip mat so that you don’t have to worry about falling when you have finished taking a bath.
Let’s take a closer look at the specifics of this product.
- This mat has a digital LED display to show you the various timer settings. There are three timer settings: 15, 30, and 60 minutes.
- It comes with a non-slip mat, which makes this massaging mat perfect for older people to use without worry.
- This mat comes with an ozone feature designed to improve and enhance your immunity system by getting rid of negative ions. The ozone function also helps get rid of migraines and headaches while also helping you sleep better.
- The mat includes a feature that delivers warm water in the bathtub so that you don’t have to worry about the water getting cold after some time.
- The mat is highly durable. The materials it is made of are quick-drying, thus preventing mold or fungus from growing on it.
- This bath spa mat has powerful bubbles, thus providing you with varied sensations that work well when massaging you.
- It is perfect for therapeutic purposes, especially if you have neck or back problems.
- The mat is extremely noisy, which means it could ruin an otherwise relaxing ambiance in the bathroom.
- The suction cups are not very strong in the tub.
- This mat is more expensive than some others in the market.
Next up on our list is the Waterproof Tub Massaging Spa by Hongzer. Just like the bathmat mentioned above, this mat comes with the ozone function as well, making it perfect for a relaxing spa bathing experience from the comfort of your own home. It also comes with comfortable padding to feel uncomfortable when lying down in your tub.
Let’s look more closely at the specifics.
- This waterproof massaging spa mat comes with a waterproof remote controller to make your at-home spa experience more convenient.
- It comes with a heater that has a warm air feature. This means that the mat releases some warm air while you are in the tub. As a result, the warm air slows the bathwater down from getting cold too quickly.
- This mat is over three feet long and one foot wide.
- It comes with a motorized air pump and a long, flexible air hose.
- This bath mat is designed to help strengthen your immune system by getting rid of tension while helping improve the quality of your sleep and kill bacteria in the body.
- This bath spa mat is perfect for people of all ages because of its non-slip and cushioned surface.
- Its large size makes it perfect for more oversized bathtubs.
- It fills your bathtub with thousands of bubbles every second.
- This tub mat uses a lot of electricity, so we’d recommend that you don’t use it if you live in an area that suffers from electricity shortages.
- This bath mat is very noisy.
We’re almost at the end of our list, which is why we are saving some of our best recommendations for last! Our next bath spa mat pick is the Bubble Bath Mat Tub Spa Massager. This six-piece set comes with everything you need to turn an ordinary bath into an at-home spa experience. We would highly suggest that you read through the instructions before using this product because there are many pieces that you need to put together!
Let’s look more closely at the specifics.
- Like all the other mats recommended above, this bath spa mat comes with an air hose and a motorized pump.
- It also comes with a waterproof remote controller.
- The mat contains magnetic stone and massage acupoints to help ease tension in the body and help you relax.
- The mat is very big and can fit easily in bathtubs of all sizes.
- It is easy to use, thanks to the simple controls.
- The mat makes a lot of noise in the bathtub.
- The suction cups don’t adhere very well to your bathtub. We recommend that you warn or prevent older people from using this spa mat.
The last item that we’re recommending to you is the HoMedics BMAT-1 Spa Bathmat Bubble Massager. This mat comes with a controller that allows you to adjust the intensity of the bubbles in the tub. It is also easy to use and creates a relaxing atmosphere in the comfort of your bathroom!
Here’s a list of specifics.
- This bath spa mat has a three-foot-long and one-foot wide plastic mat.
- It comes with a motorized pump and a long air hose.
- It also comes with an Appliance Leakage Circuit interrupter for a safe bathing experience.
- It is compact and easy to store.
- The suction cups do not adhere to the bathtub properly.
Why should a bathtub mat be used in the tub?
A bathtub mat makes the experience of using a bathtub much better! It can help you relax while giving you a massage and easing tension in the body.
Also Read: Best bath mat for textured tub surface
How To Prepare And Use a Bubble Mat For The bathtub?
Once you’ve selected the bubble mat of your choice, it’s time to get started on using it in your bathtub. Here’s how you can do that:
- Start by unfolding your bath spa mat and laying it suction-side down in the bathtub before filling it with water.
- Press the suction cups firmly to the base of your bathtub to make sure that they are adhering correctly.
- Once you have firmly suctioned the bath spa mat to your bathtub, connect the air hose to both the bath mat and the motorized pump.
- After everything has been connected, plug the motor into the nearest electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Fill your bathtub with the water temperature of your choice, and then pick a bubble and massage setting.
- Relax and enjoy yourself!
Also Read: How to make a dull acrylic bathtub shine
When buying a bath spa mat, you need to keep the following points in mind:
Depending on what type of spa experience you want to have, keep the speed of the bubbles in mind.
We recommend that you purchase a spa mat with heating properties, as these help your bath quickly get cold.
Please check the machine’s voltage before you buy it so that you don’t risk getting electrocuted.
You can, but you must be careful that your Jacuzzi doesn’t overflow with foam.
Yes, you can build an attachment to your bathtub and convert it into a jacuzzi.
Jetted tubs and jacuzzis are the same, but the Jacuzzi is the brand name.
In this article, we took you through a list of six of the best bath spa mats. Going to a real spa or purchasing a new jacuzzi can be pretty expensive, but buying a bath spa mat allows you to feel like you’ve got your little spa in your home! After walking you through a list of mats, we gave you a quick buying guide and answered some FAQs. When relaxing in your bubbles and bathtub, we hope you purchased an item from our list!