What is the weight capacity that a floating shelf can hold? Well, the answer to this question mainly lies in the brackets you choose. If you want your shelves to hold heavy items, you must choose the best floating shelf brackets for heavy-duty.
Brackets come in different designs and sizes but not all are meant to support heavy items. Heavy-duty brackets are particularly suitable for supporting floating shelves meant to hold such as dishes and glassware in the kitchen, which tend to be quite heavy.
In this article, we shall review some of the best brackets that can support your floating shelves and heavyweight items without falling whether in the kitchen, bathroom, or any other place in the house.
Comparison Table Of The Best Brackets For Floating Shelves
|NACH js-90-064S Half Round Wall Shelf Bracket||Check Price at Amazon|
|YUMORE Folding Shelf Bracket||Check Price at Amazon|
|8-Inch Heavy Duty Hidden Shelf Brackets||Check Price at Amazon|
|LuckIn 8-Inch Metal Lip Bracket||Check Price at Amazon|
|Pipe Shelf Brackets by EQUASON||Check Price at Amazon|
|Premium Heavy-Duty Shelf Brackets – Quarter Inch (1/4″)||Check Price at Amazon|
|North American Country Home 4 Pack Heavy Duty Shelf Bracket||Check Price at Amazon|
|North American Country Home Thick Cast Iron Victorian Decorative Shelf Bracket||Check Price at Amazon|
|Original Granite Bracket Hidden Island Support Floating Shelf Bracket||Check Price at Amazon|
|LEOPO Shelf Brackets For 8-Inch Shelves||Check Price at Amazon|
|EVALD The Heavy Duty Floating Shelf Hardware||Check Price at Amazon|
|Shelfology Aksel Floating Shelf||Check Price at Amazon|
|Americanflat 14-Inch Floating Shelves||Check Price at Amazon|
|Rustic Red Door Co. Steel Heavy Duty Shelf Brackets||Check Price at Amazon|
|Mkono Floating Wood Wall-Mounted Shelf||Check Price at Amazon|
Best Floating Shelf Brackets for Heavy Duty Reviews
1. NACH js-90-064S Half Round Wall Shelf Bracket
If you are looking for shelf brackets that can withstand heavy items without falling, then get the NACH brackets.
They are made of heavy-duty and weighted cast iron, which makes them tough and durable. In addition, they can withstand the test of time even when exposed to moisture since they are rustproof. In addition, they do not corrode so they can be used to support outdoor floating shelves.
Moreover, the cast iron makes the brackets attractive and decorative in both modern and traditional home designs.
These brackets are very easy to install. They come with holes already drilled so your job is just to screw them onto the wall and shelf.
However, remember to buy the appropriate screws since they are not provided. Most users recommend heavy-duty construction screws for attaching to the wall and stainless steel screws for attaching to the shelves.
- They come in 2 sizes, small and large
- High-quality brackets
- Able to support heavy items
- They are rustproof
- Very sturdy
- They do not come with screws
2. YUMORE Folding Shelf Bracket
Do you want to install a floating shelf that you can fold out of the way when not in use? YUMORE folding shelf brackets offer this option.
These sturdy yet durable shelf brackets are made of high premium grade stainless steel that is brushed with high-quality stainless steel. This makes it rustproof and does not corrode, tarnish, or get scratched easily.
The fact that they can fold up when not in use helps to save space in the hallway, stores, kitchen, bathroom, or any other area in the house.
Once you purchase them, the installation process is quite easy. This is because they come with all the necessary mounting accessories which include premium stainless steel screws and anchors.
In addition, the brackets have pre-drilled holes-3 on each arm for screw installation.
Most importantly, these brackets are designed to hold heavy items weighing up to 150kgs. This makes it possible for you to use them to hold shelves meant for heavy items like books, flowerpots, and dishes.
- Folds when not in use
- Sturdy and easy to install
- Long-lasting and durable
- Rust and corrosion-proof
- Comes with stainless steel screws and anchors
- Great for supporting heavy-duty items
- Users absolutely love these brackets
3. 8-Inch Heavy Duty Hidden Shelf Brackets (Invisible)
If you don’t like the seeing brackets under your floating shelves, these 8-inch hidden brackets will work perfectly.
Once installed, the brackets are completely hidden such that the shelves appear floating.
They are meant to support 8-12 inch depth wood shelves. Therefore, since the shelf depth recommended for the kitchen is 12 inches and 10 inches for living room or bookshelves, these 8-inch brackets will be the perfect length for your shelves no matter the location.
In addition, the brackets are meant for heavy-duty since they are 100% solid steel. Thus, each bracket can hold up to 75lbs of books, dishes, large mantles, and decoration items without falling.
Moreover, they are powder coated so they do not rust and can be used outdoor or garage shelving.
- Very easy to install
- They come with 12x steel screws and x24 plastic anchors for instant mounting
- The holes for mounting are already predrilled
- They are invisible when properly mounted
- Very sturdy
- Strongest floating shelf brackets
- Hidden shelf brackets (concealed)
- They are not suitable for wooden shelves over 12 inches in depth
4. LuckIn 8-Inch Metal Lip Bracket
These brackets are made of heavy-duty steel, which allows them to support items weighing up to 80lbs. They fit perfectly on any standard-sized board of 8 x 2 inches.
They are easy to install since they come with all the mounting hardware for different surfaces. This includes 8x drywall anchors and 16x screws for a pack of 4.
In addition, they can be installed in concrete, wood, and drywall whether in the kitchen, bathroom, study, or living room.
They can also be used for outdoor shelving since they have a painted rustproof painting.
- They are very sturdy
- Very easy and straightforward to install
- Heavy-duty for heavy items weighing up to 80lbs
- Comes with all installation hardware
- They are rustproof
- Strongest floating shelf brackets
- They need a board that is thick enough for them to hold
5. Pipe Shelf Brackets by EQUASON
These pipe brackets come in a set of 6 and hardware, which includes 18 long screws, 18 short screws, and 18 wall anchors. This means that the brackets come ready for seamless installation.
They are made from real heavy-duty iron making them durable and long-lasting and strong enough to support items weighing up to 25kgs.
In addition, they are spray-painted black to make them rustproof.
The rustic and industrial look of these brackets gives them a really great look as they complement the rest of the house décor quite well. They can be used to support floating shelves in the kitchen, bathroom, office, garage, nursery, and even in the basement or outdoor.
- They are sturdy and solid
- The price is very fair for a pack of 6 brackets
- They are designed to support heavy items
- These brackets can mount 3 vintage floating shelves
- All installation hardware included
- The drywall anchors provided may not work on plaster wall
6. Premium Heavy-Duty Shelf Brackets – Quarter Inch (1/4″)
The Premium Heavy-Duty shelf bracket is worth checking out for anyone who wishes to build shelves inside their home to add décor elements. Because of its concealability, the Claimed Corner 4 bracket set is a fantastic solution for most interior shelves. It features a basic L form to which four bolts on every side may be added.
The tiny elements that make a massive difference make this shelf bracket wonderful. The 1/4 inch or 6-millimeter thick stainless steel construction, for example, provides long-term durability. This also keeps your shelf from tilting and tipping over, spilling all of your ornaments.
Claimed Corner has also given the brackets a rustic finish. Compared to its competition, the rustic style can do more than just look good. Most brackets have a glossy or matte surface that is susceptible to scratches and color peeling. As a result, the rustic finish keeps your brackets looking new.
- The bracket’s slim form makes it easy to conceal.
- Scratches are less likely to cause color peeling with the rustic finish.
- There are four brackets, each of which can hold two shelves.
- All of the bolts and drywall pegs are included.
- Each pair can hold up to 250 pounds.
- The shelf may slant if heavy objects are placed over time.
7. North American Country Home 4 Pack Heavy Duty Shelf Bracket
People typically take their time deciding where to place their hovering shelf since they need it to blend in with the rest of the room’s decor. You can check out this 4-pack ornamental shelf bracket from the Northern American Country Home if you are searching for a traditional interior appearance.
This bracket is in the shape of an L, but it has a curved bottom that turns it into a triangle. You may modify the bracket with five different color selections and three additional size options.
Unlike the other brackets we’ve looked at thus far, this one is made of weighted cast iron. The brackets can resist large loads without bending as a result of this.
Because cast iron is rust and corrosion resistant, it may be used indoors and outdoors. Consequently, you may use it inside and outside to construct floating shelves.
Furthermore, the brackets offer an antique appearance that pairs well with wooden shelves. The rough surface gives it a hand-hammered impression, making it appear attractive and durable. The screw holes are strategically placed to make the bracket and shelf combination the focal point.
- The hand-hammered appearance adds to the appeal of wooden shelves.
- The weighted cast iron construction is both sturdy and strong.
- The rust and corrosion-resistant coating ensure long service life.
- It’s available in a variety of colors and sizes.
- It may be utilized both outside and inside.
- The packaging does not include anchors and screws.
8. North American Country Home Thick Cast Iron Victorian Decorative Shelf Bracket
Consider this Victorian shelf bracket if the hand-hammered style of our previous option from North American Country Home didn’t appeal to you.
The delicate pattern between the joints of the L-shaped ornamental bracket will boost the appearance of any shelf. You may pick from three hues, including Antique gold, black, and white, as well as three different sizes.
As a result, it’s a versatile option for any classic-themed home. Moving on, each bracket on the shelf has four pre-drilled holes. You’d have to match it up with your wall and start drilling.
The screw holes should be commended because they are nicely located near the connectors to make them discreet. This keeps the 80s feel of your rack and bracket combination.
- A traditional atmosphere is created by the detailed design between the joints.
- The weighted cast-iron structure ensures durability and lifespan.
- Pre-drilled holes come standard on brackets. This saves time and effort.
- It’s available in a variety of sizes and colors.
- There are no screws and anchors included in the packaging.
9. Original Granite Bracket Hidden Island Support Floating Shelf Bracket
Floating brackets are incredibly flexible, as anybody who has worked with hardware knows. They may be mounted on the wall to hold shelves, counters, or even folding tables.
The biggest problem with floating countertop shelf brackets is their weight limit and how effectively they can be hidden.
Countertops are typically constructed of marble or big wood, putting a significant strain on the bracket. This concealed island support is made of high-quality steel with a black finish.
Whether you wish to install hefty granite countertops or basic wooden ones, this bracket can take it.
In addition, we liked the bracket’s form, which isn’t the typical L shape. Instead, it is a stand-alone shelf with two pre-drilled openings on one end and a 45-degree cutting on the other.
On the other hand, the diagonal cut on the opposite side was a subtle detail that helped hide the bracket. Screw in one side of the bracket and let the other end extend over the edge, depending on the size of your table. After that, you have to set your hefty tabletop in position, and you’re ready to go.
- To help with flexibility, it comes in a variety of sizes.
- The use of premium-grade steel provides a high weight capacity.
- It’s nicely camouflaged because of the 45-degree slanted cut and adjusted design.
- The upper layer coating ensures rust and corrosion resistance.
- The diameter of pre-drilled screw holes is not always uniform.
10. LEOPO Shelf Brackets For 8-Inch Shelves
The next item on our list is LEOPO’s 6-pack 8-inch floating shelf bracket set. This is ideal for those trying to get as much value for their money. The high-quality 6-piece bracket set is reasonably priced, making it an excellent choice for bulk purchases.
This floating shelf bracket appears to have a one-of-a-kind design pattern. It resembles a J form rather than an L shape. The only distinction is that the projecting end has an extra elevation.
This prevents your shelf from falling off if the bracket slants. This set will keep your shelf safe, featuring four pre-drilled slots on every bracket.
The set’s brackets are all made of waxed raw steel tubing, which provides them with different hardness and strength. They can easily support up to 150 lbs when used in tandem.
So, if you’re seeking one of the most durable floating shelf brackets, go no further.
LEOPO also has an added coating of powerful glossy black coating to the brackets. This not only safeguards the wax raw steel structure from corrosion and rust but also improves its appearance.
The powerful glossy black coating is also resistant to scratching and flaking.
- The shelf is supported by a unique J-shape design.
- The power frosted black finish ensures rust resistance.
- The basic steel structure is waxed and capable of carrying big loads.
- Beginner’s installation guide is included.
- This bracket cannot hold shelves above 7.25 inches.
11. EVALD The Heavy Duty Floating Shelf Hardware
The EVALD heavy-duty floating shelf bracket is our final option for today. Unlike most of our previous recommendations, this one has a distinctive, easily concealed design.
The bracket is made out of a 1/2-inch diameter cylindrical rod inserted into the shelf. Simply create an 8-inch long opening on the shelf to accommodate the bracket.
In addition, the bracket’s revolutionary design has four anchor points for mounting it to the wall. To provide optimal stability, these anchoring points have already been set diagonally.
Each bracket can support a whopping 125 lbs, which will be more than plenty. The bracket is secured to the wall with 16 high-quality bolts and anchor points included in the package.
The bolts and brackets are both coated with a unique powder that prevents corrosion and rust. This increases the brackets’ endurance and maintains their new look over a long period.
- High-quality carbon steel is sturdy and resistant, with four diagonal anchor points to provide a secure fit with the wall.
- The packing includes all essential screws and anchor points.
- Each bracket can accommodate approximately 125 pounds.
- The beauty of your shelves is enhanced by a concealed design.
- If the brackets are not used in pairs, they cannot hold heavy loads.
12. Shelfology Aksel Floating Shelf
Not just because you may select from a number of lengths, widths, and depths as well as coatings that vary from walnut to white, but also because Shelfology is the most versatile and wall-compatible option.
Every potential problem has been considered by this product organization, especially when it comes to weight.
The brand’s basic floating shelves range in complexity from straightforward ornamental ledges to 12-inch-deep racks with capacities of more than 40 pounds.
Or, a shelf in the kitchen that must accommodate a set of plates for 6 to 8 people.
- You can get 16 different finishes
- Produced in the USA
- You can get custom-made measurements
- Is made of premium-quality wood
- Can hold more than 40 pounds of capacity
- More expensive than alternatives
- Custom orders require 5 to 6 weeks.
13. Americanflat 14-Inch Floating Shelves
Get a combination of three 14-inch matte white shelves from this popular seller on Amazon for less than $30 if you want to keep things basic and on a tight budget.
They have the benefit of fitting into compact areas and bringing practicality to odd corners. They may be mounted independently or together as one continuous unit for a dramatic appearance on a blank closet or living room wall.
Your breakable mementos are less likely to slide and tumble forward with this set since it has a very little lip. Which of these advantages has the lone drawback?
You might need to make an additional trip to the hardware shop in order to get the correct screws because the required nuts and bolts are not provided.
- Made from genuine wood
- Simple but fashionable design
- Prevents damage to picture frames
- Neither hardware nor instructions are included.
- Less than the indicated amount of space is really usable.
14. Rustic Red Door Co. Steel Heavy Duty Shelf Brackets
The Rustic Red Door Co.’s two-pack shelf bracket is our second choice since it is, in our opinion, the ideal option for shelves in a workshop.
Without much attention paid to the design, they have concentrated all of their efforts on creating a robust bracket. This pair is crafted from premium steel that has been expertly hand-welded.
As a result, the shelf’s whole weight may be distributed equally across the joints by the bracket. The brackets can therefore support high loads for extended periods of time.
Additionally, a clear matte powdered coating strengthens the hand-welded steel even more. This makes the bracket moisture and rust-resistant and helps to give it a rustic appearance that complements wooden shelves.
The steel is also hard enough to withstand chipping and minor scratches. Now that that is out of the way, Rustic Red Door Co. has worked hard enough to create an all-purpose shelf.
Therefore, it will work well indoors or outside where you wish to put a shelf to hold your equipment or potted plants.
- Joints with hand welding for increased strength and load capacity
- For aesthetic purposes, powder coating provides a rustic aspect.
- Corrosion-, chip-, and rust-resistant coating
- Both indoor and outdoor user-friendly
- We found no drawbacks to this product
15. Mkono Floating Wood Wall-Mounted Shelf
Additionally, the installation procedure is really simple. The meta L-brackets are simple to use and provide excellent support for the wooden shelves.
To ensure that you can keep and exhibit goods of nearly all sizes up there, every shelf is 4 inches deep. To ensure that it can withstand wear and dampness, this wall mount has also been coated with wax.
These wall-mounted floating shelves ensure you get the optimum balance of design and organization with the traditional L-bracket support.
You can neatly manage your space with the help of this shelf, which can support an astonishing amount of weight. Plants, memorabilia, crafts, artwork, pictures, books, and much more can all be displayed.
Each item is carved out of paulownia wood to retain the style and quality.
- Simple to install and administer
- Sturdy L-shaped brackets
- High weight and capacity for storing
- No predrilled holes are present in the wood
See Also: Best curved shower curtain rod
How To Choose The Best Floating Shelf Brackets – Buying Guide
1. Heavy Duty
The shelf brackets must be able to hold a lot of weight and not sag at all. For this reason, they should be made of strong materials like steel.
The weight capacity should be at least 2-3 times the weight of your heaviest book or object that will sit on it
2. Easy To Install
They should have very clear instructions for installation and can be done by one person or two people in an hour or less.
There are many different materials that the shelves could be made out of. But, plastic is not recommended because it will break easily when it falls on top of something heavy
It’s important to find a balance between good quality and affordability so you don’t end up spending more money than you need to
You want your brackets to stay secure during earthquakes or other natural disasters without falling off the wall, so make sure they’re anchored well into the studs in your walls
When installing a new heavy-duty floating shelf bracket, remember that all screws must go through both pieces of wood before screwing them together – this will keep things secure and prevent sagging over time
6. Clearance Space
Make sure there is enough room around the bracket for wires from electronics like TVs, computers, etc., as well as any cords from lamps that may hang over them.
Keep in mind that different types of brackets are better suited for certain situations (e.g., if you have kids who might get hurt on sharp edges)
7. Width Of The Brackets
It’s important to make sure that the width of the brackets is wide enough for your needs. However, it should not be too wide so it doesn’t support the weight as well
If you’re going with metal brackets then try painting them bright colors like silver or gold! This way they’ll match everything else in your living room
See also: Best floating shelves for kitchen wall
FAQs – Heavy-Duty Brackets For Floating Shelves
1. How strong are shelf brackets
Shelf brackets can hold a considerable amount of weight. However, they may have different levels of strength depending on their size and the material they are made of.
For instance, a steel bracket can hold up to 150 pounds of evenly distributed weight, and aluminum or zinc-coated one holds up to 175 lbs.
2. How long should floating shelf brackets be?
For a floating shelf, the bracket needs to be long enough to support the weight of your shelf. A good size for most shelves is between 16 inches and 23 inches.
3. How do you support heavy floating shelves?
The best way to support heavy floating shelves is by anchoring them on the wall using heavy-duty brackets.
See also: How much weight can a floating shelf hold?
If you are wondering how much weight floating shelves can hold, then your answer lies in the brackets you choose.
The best floating shelf brackets that can support heavy items need to be made of a strong material such as heavy-duty cast iron or premium-grade stainless steel.
Such brackets tend to be very strong and durable and can hold heavy items in the kitchen, bathroom, or living room without falling.